Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony renewed their vows in Las Vegas on Sunday, according to People.com.

More than four years after saying "I do," Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony secretly renewed their vows in Las Vegas early yesterday, according to People.com.

And People.com reports they weren't alone.

When it came to saying their "I dos" again, Lopez and Anthony doubled the fun, joining New York Mets outfielder Carlos Beltran and his wife Jessica for a joint ceremony, People.com reports.

The Web site quotes a source as saying that Beltran gave his wife a specially engraved ring and gave the two singers "special rings as gifts." "Carlos and Jessica renewed their vows first, then Jennifer and Marc went," the sources said.

The two couples renewed the vows at Caesars Palace's Forum Tower Penthouse at 3:15 a.m. Sunday after a night at Pure Nightclub, a rep for the hotel confirmed to the online Web site. The service was officiated by the Rev. Steven Smith and was witnessed by two friends.
"It was totally a spur-of-the-moment thing," a source said. "They decided around 12:30 in the morning that they wanted to do it and started calling for ministers."

The renewal ceremony comes after the couple spent the previous evening club-hopping in Las Vegas and taking in a show. Most in the city believed the couple was in the city to celebrate Anthony's birthday from last month.
"[Marc] said they were in town for his birthday and they wanted to celebrate," said a source who talked to the couple.

On Friday, the couple headed to LAX Nightclub and The Bank after checking out Criss Angel's new Cirque Du Soleil show "Believe" -- all under the guise the couple was in town celebrating Anthony's birthday.

Source: http://www.newsday.com/services/newspaper

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lopez Denies Nervous Breakdown

AP Photo/Evan Agostini

A spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez has hit back at a journalist, denying reports the star suffered a nervous breakdown in 2002.

Reporter Kevin Sessums was commissioned by Elle magazine to profile Lopez but the publication dropped his initial interview with the star in favor of a more flattering piece amid complaints from her representatives that the interview "got much too personal."

Sessums' interview was subsequently picked up by the new Web site The Daily Beast.

In the article, the writer alleges that Lopez struggles as a new mom, expresses her desire to send her eight-month-old twins with husband Marc Anthony to a school specializing in Scientology, and opens up about the "kind of nervous breakdown" she suffered in 2002 while filming her movie "Enough."

Sessums recounts Lopez's ruminations on motherhood, quoting her as saying: "I did cry a lot (after the babies were born) because I was having so much trouble moving. I had a C-section. I couldn't get up fast enough to feed the babies. It went on for about three days. Marc was helping out a lot and I was crying and crying and going, 'Oh, Papi, they're going to know everybody more than me. ... They're going to love everybody more than me!'"

According to the New York Post, Sessums pitched the interview to Lopez as "a fashion discussion about a woman who had new babies and was doing it all."

But a spokesperson for the star insists she was misled, adding: "We're very unhappy about it, and think it was poor judgment on his part. As long as we have represented Jennifer, we have never heard her refer to having a breakdown of any sort."

As WENN went to press, Sessums and a spokesperson for Elle had not returned request for comment.